- May 4 "Who Killed the Electric Car?"
- Apr 6, “Kilowatt Ours” (60-minute version)
- Mark Kapner, P.E. - currently the Senior Strategy Engineer at Austin
Energy. While Manager of Conservation and Renewable Energy at the
utility, he was instrumental in developing and running Austin's
GreenChoice Program, the nation's leading renewable energy marketing
program. His 30 years of experience in energy technology and
environmental policy includes managing projects in energy storage,
biomass energy, solar, and cogeneration, as well as consulting for
several federal government agencies.
- John Touchet - Planner with the Texas Department of Community Affairs Energy Assistance Section, and an officer of the Austin peak oil
awareness group, Crude Awakening.
- Michele L. Van Hyfte, AIA LEED AP, president of Monarch
Design/Consulting, is a registered architect and sustainable design
consultant. She also serves as Co Vice Chair of the US Green Building
Council Central Texas Chapter, and Co Chairperson of the American
Institute of Architects Austin Chapter Committee on the Environment.
- Mar 2, "Is Wal•Mart Good for America? Frontline"
- Feb 2, "The End of Suburbia"
- Suggestion under consideration. "The Corporation" (145 minutes). Since the late 18th century American legal decision that the business corporation organizational model is legally a person, it has become a dominant economic, political and social force around the globe. This film takes an in-depth psychological examination of the organization model through various case studies. What the study illustrates is that in the its behaviour, this type of "person" typically acts like a dangerously destructive psychopath without conscience. Furthermore, we see the profound threat this psychopath has for our world and our future, but also how the people with courage, intelligence and determination can do to stop it.
- Rev. Holcomb's suggested documentary sources